Thank you so much for stopping by! My name is Dawn, and I would love to tell you a little bit about my photography and about me.
I wanted A New Day Photography to have a fun approach to photography. I try and make my sessions are easy going, relaxing, and low stress. I want to capture you and your family as you are, and having fun is the best way.
I worked in a science lab for 10 years out of college. And loved my job, but after my girls were born, I felt the desire to do something new. Something more creative. I wanted a fresh start. I wanted a New Day.
A New Day started 5 years ago when I began taking pictures of what I love, my children. This grew into a desire to create images that inspired me, and to show the special relationships that people share. And to freeze those moments you just can't get back. Nothing brings me more joy than having a mother or father say I have "captured" the true spirit of their child.
Photography is a way for me to create images of the things that are most dear to me, and the relationships, and share them with others.
To get to know me better, I have created a list of "About Me" things:
- I have 2 sweet and fun little girls, one is 7 and one is 9.
- I love to garden and grown things. I literally feel bad throwing a pit or seeds away knowing I can grow something from it.
- Coffee is one of my favorite things. Nothing beats a great cup of coffee in the morning.
- Baseball is huge at our house. I met my husband on Opening Day 2002, and 3 years later my first daughter was born on Opening Day. We enjoy going to baseball games as a family, and like to get to the Ballpark when we can to watch the Rangers.
- I love vintage items. My mother and father owned an antique store, so growing up I was surrounded by vintage finds. I like bringing something vintage or whimsy to a session like an old chair, suitcase or toy.
- I chose the name A New Day Photography because I love the way a new day makes me feel. A New Day was a change from my old routine to a new creative outlet, and a chance for me to live in a new day.
I would love to talk with you about photographing your special time. Choosing a family photographer is an important decision, so please feel free to contact me with any questions, and feel free to look around at our galleries to see my style.
Any calls on the weekend will be returned on Monday morning.